A Brief History of Campbell Memorial
Dr. William Creighton Campbell organized 9 new Presbyterian Churches between 1891 and 1924. In 1892 the first Vinton Presbyterian church was chartered and the building was erected in downtown Vinton.
Several years and several ministers later a new church was erected at the present site.
The first service in the new Campbell Memorial Church was held on Easter Sunday 1965.
In 1996 Pastor Andrew "Andy" Good came to us and since then many changes have been made. Growth in membership, programs and more recently the construction of our new Sanctuary, dedicated on January 20, 2008. Pastor Good retired December 2008.
In April 2009, Dr. Burt Newman came on board as our Interim pastor.
In February 2010, Rev. James “Jamie” Smith became our installed pastor. Under his service, we are reaching out into God’s Kingdom, sharing God’s love and remembering the words of Isaiah 58:11, “ . . . and the Lord will continue to lead.”
Now, after over 100 years this congregation still spreads the word of God and the love of Christ to all that they touch.
With this background, and believing in the will of God, the church prepares to enter the next era of God's service.
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the Heavens."